In this episode of “The Pilates Business Podcast”, our host David Gunther discusses with Minna Salmesvuo, the founder of the “Social Media Tribe” and author of “In the Heart of Social Media Marketing – Heart-centred authentic marketing”, how Pilates businesses can simplify their marketing, their businesses and as a result their lives.
- [00:00:00] Introducing Minna Salmesvuo – Social Media Tribe
- [00:01:09] What Minna has in common with Madonna and Pink and the Rock
- [00:01:51] Book – “In the Heart of Social Media Marketing – Heart-centred authentic marketing.”
- [00:03:42] Re-purposing of content for Pilates Businesses.
- [00:05:12] Educate the public about your niche. Different Pilates Businesses / studios
- [00:05:55] David’s little story…. 1999 till 2014. Working out our best business offering.
- [00:07:52] You can choose people you enjoy working with most. This lines up with your strengths and simplifies your business a lot.
- [00:08:46] Absolute gold…… replay the last 30 seconds to change your life.
- [00:09:24] Minna’s story, how her book came about… by repurposing content.
- [00:13:26] The client’s sales journey. Knowing the questions that people are going to ask.
- [00:14:40] Video training platform as an asset for Social Media Tribe and Pilates Businesses.
- [00:20:53] Build connection with your audience / clients, and create a win for everyone!
- [00:21:30] During COVID the connection between instructors and clients saved us!
- [00:22:53] Lead magnets & nurturing workflow of emails, building connection.
- [00:23:32 What makes social media work?
- [00:25:25 Looking through the eyes of the prospect.
- [00:26:00] It’s a win for everyone, it’s not sneaky ….and it cuts through!
- [00:26:25] We are not a gym! They really didn’t understand.
- [00:27:37] Pilates businesses use assets again & again to fix problems
- [00:28:11] The sales funnel capturing your prospect with an offer that stands out.
- [00:28:33] Other touch points – sending valuable content that educate your prospects
- [00:29:46] Does it matter if you call it a sales funnel or a sales flywheel?
- [00:31:00] Consistent messaging in our advertising, on social media and online generally.
“You can choose which people you enjoy working with most. This lines up with your strengths and so it simplifies your business a lot.” - Minna Salmesvuo, Social Media Tribe
On Digital Marketing Agencies:
We would find ourselves saying…WE ARE NOT A GYM!.. and they really didn't understand. - David Gunther
Subscribe to the Pilates Business Podcast
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Pilates Business Podcast, hit the subscribe button on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen, so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by sharing an episode with someone whom you think will enjoy or benefit from it.
Sharing an episode will help us build awareness so that we can have a positive and powerful impact on our Pilates industry. THANK YOU!
Are you getting all the shows? Subscribe today!